Board of Trustees
JOINING THE BOARD
Are you passionate about the arts and the impact they can make on a community? Are you interested in helping ensure that all people have access to world-class artistic experiences?
The GRAMMY-nominated Cathedral Choral Society, the in-residence symphonic chorus at Washington National Cathedral, is welcoming nominations to the board of trustees and its committees. Members of the board of trustees maintain fiduciary responsibility for the organization and work to advance the chorus’s mission to create transcendent musical experiences for all people in a space of beauty and community.
CCS seeks board members with experience in the following fields: accounting, investments, fundraising, community-building, video streaming, marketing, project management, and more.
If you would like to nominate a candidate (self-nominations are welcome), please click the button below.
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- selecting and evaluating the performance of the executive director and music director
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring CCS’s programs and services
- enhancing CCS’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body
The board of trustees meets four times each year, with committee meetings throughout. Full board meetings are in person and committee meetings are virtual.
Each individual board member is expected to:
- know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for CCS to advance its mission
- leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve CCS’s mission
- make a meaningful personal financial donation
- help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing
- prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- participate fully in one or more committees
If you would like to nominate a candidate (self-nominations are welcome), please click this button.